Tuesday, March 9, 2010

With Diligence the Lost Get Found

It's been a while since I've blogged and I'm really feeling an itch to write something, so here goes.
Somewhat recently, Luke 15:8,9 has been on my mind.
It says:
"Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost."
In verse 10, it says this is comparable to what happens when a sinner repents.
In my natural life, I've been missing items (like a shoe, a brush) and I have set out to find these things. I first pray, "Lord, help me find what I'm missing." Then, I move my feet and start looking around. After, I move my foot and start looking around, then the Lord usually guides me right to where the missing thing is! This has happened several times. And every time, I've found my missing item, I've been very excited--with the Biblical principle above in mind. If I'm doing this in the natural, then something is definately going on in the spiritual (natural events and spiritual events are closely related)! We're talking the lost getting found! How exciting!
One thing that especially stands out to me right now, though, is the Lord's guidance. If I was sitting on my duff, not doing anything and only thinking, wishing and hoping that my lost item would get found somehow, the item did not get found. It wasn't until I got up, put one foot forward, and started doing something--I put action to my thoughts!--that THEN and only then, was the Lord able to guide me exactly to where I needed to be to either glance the object in some odd place or come right on top of it's position. The Lord couldn't help me when I was just wishing, hoping, thinking--all no action. But He could help me when I put action to my thoughts! He guided me right where I needed to be. Even if I went in the wrong room for a second or the wrong direction--I had action in my feet and hands. I was DOING something and so He was able to guide me. He led me right to where I needed to be to find the item. Sometimes, it took me a little longer to get to the exact place that the item was, but I was "diligently seeking it until I found it!" Diligence DOES pay off. Maybe not right away like we think it should. But it is definately worth the search to be diligent until the lost item is found!

No comments:

Post a Comment