Friday, May 22, 2009

I have been a glutton

I have been a glutton.

What exactly is a glutton?

First of all, Proverbs 23:21 says: "For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty."
That word-glutton-means to be worthless, insignificant, make light of, squander.
So, I have been squandering away the provision that the Lord has been giving me by eating MUCH MUCH more than I actually needed! So, since I've been clinging to His provision, (and He HAS been providing abundantly) yet I've been eating it all up in a day, I've been lacking from my own sin.
Secondly, this verse says that gluttons will come to poverty! I have been sucking in the food like there's no tomorrow and what does that leave me with? Nothing for tomorrow! Gluttony eats away food stores and eats away finances.
One of my main goals is to get out of debt. I am dead-set on and very dedicated to getting out of debt! I can SEE my Debt-less Day (DDay) on the horizon...
Yet, I have been hindering my own progress to DDay by being a glutton!
The money I've poured into fast food is ridiculous. The money I've wasted running to Publix for a pecan pie or cake or cookies--not to share, but to shove in my own mouth-it's all gone! I squandered it all away. And what else has the Lord provided for me and my family yet I squandered it all away, too??

Setting Captives Free has helped me to pay attention to my issues with food so that I can deal with them the way the Lord wants me to.

Go to settingcaptivesfree.com if you are interested.

Setting Captives Free is an online website ministry that allows you to take courses that guide and teach you what God says about certain issues in scripture. They address sexual purity, food issues, substance abuse and gambling. They also have Bible study lessons that you can sign up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment